Designing for society means designing for the broader context of systems that we impact and shape. We can redefine our social contract with each other, and with the world that we steward. To do this, we must be intentional about citizen empowerment, civic commons, public health, equity, and the planet:
- Citizen empowerment: how might we give people more rights and capabilities?
- Civic commons: how might we create shared resources that strengthen communities?
- Public health: how might we protect the safety and improve the physical and mental health of communities?
- Equity: how might we design products, services and standards that are fair to everyone, not just the most privileged?
- The planet: how might we better care for our world?